In order to participate in any sport, the student must meet the following requirements:
- 2.0 grade point average each quarter and semester grading period
- Maintain minimum progress toward graduation
- Maintain acceptable citizenship
1. Obtain the written permission from parent or guardian to compete and travel by school district transportation
2. Be eligible under the rules of the California Interscholastic Federation:
- May not have reached his/her 19th birthday prior to June 15th of the current school year.
- Have attended high school not more than eight semesters.
- Have passed with at least a “C” (2.0) average 20 credits of work for the prior grading period of which only 5 credits may be Physical Education; be passing in 20 credits of new work for the current grading period.
- Have met residential requirements. Transferring from one school to another may affect your eligibility under the CIF Southern Section rules.
- Not compete on any outside team in the same or any other sport during the season of any sport.
- Pass a physical examination within the previous 12 months.
- Be covered by or obtain athletic injury insurance. California Education Code Sec. 32221 requires every athletic team member to have accidental body injury insurance of at least $1,500 medical and hospital benefits. Make sure to include the name of the insurance company and policy number on the website. Parents: If you change insurance during the school year, it is your responsibility to provide the school site with your new insurance information. Please log back in to: athleticclearnace.com and update this information. Make sure the secretary of athletics has this information on file.
- Any athlete that becomes academically ineligible during their season of sport will not be eligible to receive their varsity letter or certificate of participation.
The following are required prior to participation in any sport:
- Athlete Code of Ethics
- Blue Physical Card
- Yellow Emergency card must be completed and signed by parent/guardian.
- Student and parent/guardian must complete a yellow folder that will follow a student-athlete for his or her entire high school "career."
- A 2.0 GPA or above must be maintained.
For each additional sport students must complete:
- Parent/guardian must complete a blue athletic clearance sports card.
- Parent/guardian must complete an additional yellow emergency card.
- Student must return the yellow card to the athletics office before practice or try outs begin.
Important: If a student athlete has ever played a sport at another school, they must fill out the Parents Worksheet for CIF and give it to the Athletic Secretary.