AVHS GRADUATION - May 31, 2018 - 6:00 pm
Congratulations Class of 2018!
- - Graduating Seniors will meet in the Large gym at 4:30p.m. with your cap & gown, student ID, and practice card. Be on time.
- - Girls will not be permitted to wear heals. (wedges and platform heals are acceptable)
- - Cap and gowns may not be decorated or adorned with anything other than official district approved items.
Graduation Information – For Graduates and Families
Dear Graduates and Parents/Guardians,
Please be sure that you read this entire document carefully. It is also very important that ALL of your guests have this information as well.
- Graduation ceremony is Thursday May 31st at 6:00 pm – Gates open at 4:30 pm
- All guests over the age of 2 years must have a ticket.
- Tickets are distributed and sold PRIOR to the evening of the ceremony. Additional tickets WILL NOT be sold at the gates.
- Children 2 years and under may sit on a lap.
- Due to increased safety measures, large bags will be subject to search prior to entering the stadium.
- Please do not save seats for others.
- All guests are expected to remain seated and quiet throughout the ceremony.
- Noisemakers, balloons, signs, and umbrellas are strictly prohibited. If brought, these items will be held at the gate until after the ceremony. Cell phones must be turned off or silenced.
- 3 Graduation Programs were given to the Graduates at Senior Check-out.
- GRADUATION PROGRAM and information can also be found on the AVHS Website at http://www.avhs.org.
- There will be two entrances for the ceremony – Home side and Visitor side. Please check with your student prior to Graduation to know which side to enter and sit on.
- Senior Check-out – Friday May 25th – During Economics class
- You must have your ID to check-out
- All fines and fees must be paid in order to complete Senior check-out
- Senior Check-out must be completed to receive cap and gown, Graduation tickets, and to participate in Graduation practices and ceremony.
- Graduation Practice – Tuesday May 29th and Wednesday May 30th – TIME: 7:45 am to 12:00 pm
- Start in the Large Gym at 7:45 am
- Arrive on time or early to the Large Gym for check in each day
- Both practice days are MANDATORY – failure to participate in practices will result in you not participating in the ceremony.
- TICKETS - 5 complementary tickets are given at Senior Check-out. Graduates may purchase up to 5 additional tickets ($5 ea.) STARTING AFTER day 1 of Graduation practice on May 29th.
- Graduation Ceremony – Thursday May 31st
- Check-in begins promptly at 4:30 pm in the Large Gym. You must remain in the Large Gym until the ceremony begins.
- You must have your Student ID to check-in.
- Come dressed in your Graduation attire (see Senior Contract on http://www.avhs.org for graduation dress code details). Graduates may not wear thin heals in the large gym or on the field during the ceremony. Platform or wedge heals are ok.
- Your Graduation cap and gown may not be decorated or altered in any way (this includes leis, flowers, beads, balloons, etc.)